Voting is now Open, and will close at 10pm GMT on 14th December.
Fifteen candidates await your votes; seven of these will be elected:
Each of these players has decided to stand for election to the UKBGF Board and you can read all their self-nomination statements here.
Voting is now open, so when you are ready to cast your votes, click here to be transferred to SurveyMonkey. Individual votes are not public and will never be made public; however the election arbiter (Julian Fetterlein) has access to voter submissions for verification purposes.
- See the eligibility criteria in the previous blog post to verify that you may vote.
- Compulsory identification fields are: name, address including postcode and country, and email address. If you wish all your personal details (except email address) to be deleted after the election process, please request this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one response per computer will be accepted. If two eligible voters live at the same address, they must use different computers if they both wish to vote.
- You must vote for at least one, and not more than seven, of the candidates.
- Tick the N/A box of every candidate who will not be receiving your vote; these will then drop to the bottom of the list. You can change your mind, reselecting and deselecting these candidates any number of times before submitting your votes.
- Decide on an order of preference for all your chosen candidates (1st choice =1, 2nd choice =2, and so on, down to 7 if you are voting for the maximum permitted number of candidates). Once again, you may re-order this list as often as you like before submitting.
- Click ‘Done’!
- If there is doubt about your eligibility after you have submitted your votes, you may be contacted by email for further information. Online players are eligible to vote if they are known within the live backgammon community. Julian Fetterlein (who will not be voting) is the final arbiter in cases of doubt.
- After voting has closed at 10pm on 14th December, Julian Fetterlein will count the votes and calculate points awarded to each candidate. Seven points will be awarded for each first place vote, six points for second place, and so on down to one point for seventh place.
- The seven candidates who have accrued the most points in the election will be declared members of the new UKBGF Board.
PLEASE READ THE CANDIDATES’ SELF-NOMINATIONS AND USE YOUR VOTES… REMEMBER, THIS IS NOW YOUR FEDERATION!