Second in our series of tournament announcements – we’re delighted to tell you about the West Yorkshire Backgammon Open 2017. This will be held on April 21-23 at Clayton Village Hall, Bradford, with Steve Lee and Tim Cross directing. We are hoping this will be the third stage of the UK Tour next year – more about that in due course…
- £35 Entry and £15 registration
- Day 1 Swiss qualifiers, day 2 knockouts – noone goes home Saturday!
- A variety of side pools available
- All the usual extras – Super Jackpot, Doubles, Nack, Speedgammon
- A North v South junior challenge between Eli Nixey and David Broomfield on the Sunday.
Initially there is a limit of 64 players but this may be extended to 80 Stop press – we’re past 64 entries and the limit is now 80! You can see who’s already registered here – at the time of writing well over half the slots have gone already so do sign up quickly if this is for you!
To add to the weekend, Tim will be taking a party on the Friday on the Keighley and Worth Valley railway (made famous in the film ‘The Railway Children’) for a relaxed visit to Haworth. All in all it’s going to be a great weekend, make sure you don’t miss out!
Full details at the event website http://westyorkshirebackgammon.co.uk/WY Open.html