After three years at the Ricoh Arena, the 2017 UK Open will be held at Coombe Abbey Hotel, Brinklow Rd, Binley, Warwickshire CV3 2AB.
The 2017 UK Open will also be later in the year than the 2016 UK Open (which was in May). The date of the 4th UK Open is 1-3 September 2017.
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Situated approximately 6 miles to the east of Coventry city centre and railway station, the magnificent Coombe Abbey was originally a Cistercian abbey dating back to the 12th century and is set in 500 acres of parkland. It is surrounded by a moat and overlooks a lake and formal gardens designed by the renowned 18th century landscape architect ‘Capability Brown’.
- More information about the hotel can be found on the Coombe Abbey website
- Take a look also at the Coombe Abbey photo album in the UKBGF Flickr account
- For the duration of the tournament we will have exclusive use of a separate adjacent building known as the “Court House”
- The Court House is an elegantly restored tennis clubhouse dating back to 1817
- The playing rooms are on two floors, with lift and stairs, and a separate private bar on the ground floor
- We will also have the use of a separate ‘relaxation room’ for chillout purposes after hard-fought matches
- Coombe Abbey Hotel is offering special rates for backgammon players attending the 2017 UK Open (see below)
- Easy to reach by car, Coombe Abbey is about 5 miles from the M6/M69 motorway junction
- Car park charges apply to both residents and non-residents, as the car park is operated by a separate company (details below)
- London Euston to Coventry is one hour by train – Coombe Abbey is a 15 minute cab ride from the station
- Birmingham International Airport to Coombe Abbey is about 30 minutes by car
- East Midlands Airport to Coombe Abbey is about 45 minutes by car
Booking your Accommodation
Updated 22nd June 2017
ROOMS AT COOMBE ABBEY HOTEL FOR THE UK OPEN BACKGAMMON WEEKEND ARE NOW SOLD OUT!
Other hotels in the vicinity include:
The Holiday Inn at Jn 2 of the M6, less than 2 miles away;
Macdonald Ansty Hall set in 8 acres of landscaped gardens, 2.5 miles away;
Doubletree by Hilton, Coventry (M6 Jn2 – old BIBA hotel), about 2 miles away;
The Cocked Hat – a pub hotel in Binley Woods, approx a mile and a half away;
The above suggestions have been picked from search results on a hotels website; they are not recommendations.
Note that there is no penalty for staying at a different hotel, or for commuting to the venue. However a car park charge will apply: currently £5 per 24 hour period (or £2 for a stay of less than 8 hours). Wherever you plan to stay, please remember to pre-register for the tournament by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place. Click here for full registration details.
If you have an existing booking at Coombe Abbey and find that you need to cancel, we may have another player waiting to take up your room booking. Or if you are looking for someone to share a room you have already booked we might be able to help you. Please email email@example.com in either case.
Information regarding room bookings at Coombe Abbey is retained below for reference, although much of this has now been superseded.
Early bird bonus for UKBGF members: Coombe Abbey room bookings on the UKBGF rate which were made by 31st May 2017 qualify for our ‘early bird’ draw. See ‘Early Bird Bonuses for UKBGF Members’ here.
We have a limited allocation of double and twin rooms at Coombe Abbey for Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd September 2017, plus a small allocation for the Sunday night after the tournament has finished. The rates shown below are room rates per night, for single occupancy or for two people sharing, and these rates include breakfast. To clarify, the price paid for a room is exactly the same whether there are two occupants or just one. Penalty-free cancellation is possible until the day before your arrival, so please take advantage of the special rates and book now!
For double or twin rooms in our allocation the room rate is £120 per night for one or two nights, inclusive of breakfast for one or two persons. This is well below normal room rates for this hotel and, once this allocation has been sold, there may be no more rooms at this price (and of course no guarantee of any further availability at all). Please also note that the car park adjacent to Coombe Abbey is operated by a separate company and this currently costs £5 per 24 hour period.
Players booking for Friday and Saturday, or Saturday only, may also book the Sunday night at the reduced rate of £94 including breakfast, subject to room availability. Note that this reduced rate applies for the Sunday night only; the room rate for Friday and Saturday nights is £120.
To book your room please call the hotel on +44 (0)24 76 450 450, select option 1 (bedroom bookings) and quote reference GA 004174