The 6th UK Open will be held at Woodland Grange Hotel and Conference Centre, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV32 6RN.
Date: Friday 30th August to Sunday 1st September 2019
After two years at Coombe Abbey, the 2019 UK Open is moving about 12 miles to a venue which will better suit our needs. Situated 2 miles north of Leamington Spa Railway Station, this award-winning venue offers the best of all worlds – a rich heritage dating back to Victorian times with contemporary facilities ranging from complimentary superfast internet access to a state-of-the-art fitness room, sauna and Jacuzzi. Click the link below to find out more about Woodland Grange, see the facilities offered, and even take a virtual tour:
Woodland Grange specialises in business events and conferences which mainly take place during Monday to Friday. Weekends are relatively quiet…which has enabled us to secure great value all-inclusive packages for players. But our allocation is limited so please BOOK EARLY. Some of the advantages of Woodland Grange are listed below:
- A full-board daily rate as little as £75 per player (see booking details below)
- Penalty-free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to check-in
- Modern function rooms, with projectors and screens, all at ground floor level
- Large main playing room with additional adjacent rooms at our disposal
- Extra rooms for quiet play, match streaming, commentary, seminars, etc
- All registered players will enjoy unlimited free tea, coffee and snacks in the coffee lounges
- Bars will remain open late subject to demand
- Very high quality free wi-fi will be available to all players
- Fitness room, sauna and jacuzzi are free for all hotel guests
- Easy access by car, about a mile from the A46 (running from M40 to M6/M69)
- Plenty of free car parking space
- Check-in time is 3pm; checkout 10am
- Leamington Spa station is just over an hour by train from London Marylebone
- Woodland Grange is less than ten minutes by cab from the station
- Birmingham Airport to Woodland Grange is about 30 minutes by car
- East Midlands Airport to Woodland Grange is about 60 minutes by car
Booking your Accommodation
Note: if you are interested in the special Saturday evening dinner with Mislav Kovačić (see Overview page), please do not try to book this directly with the hotel. Instead email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions as we need to make a block booking.
Barring cancellations, Woodland Grange is now full for the night of Saturday 31st August (although there are a few rooms left for the Friday night). Chesford Grange is an alternative hotel a short distance away (details below).
The room rates at Woodland Grange, inclusive of VAT, which still apply for the Friday night, are as follows:
- Two nights for two people sharing in a Double or Twin room, including buffet dinners, breakfasts, and light lunches: total cost £300
- Two nights single occupancy, including buffet dinners, breakfasts, and light lunches: total cost £220
- One night for two people sharing in a Double or Twin room, including buffet dinners, breakfasts, and light lunches: total cost £150
- One night single occupancy, including buffet dinner, breakfast, and light lunch: £110
In addition to the Friday and Saturday, players may wish to stay an extra night before or after the tournament or both. We have a small allocation for these extra nights at equivalent rates. To book your room call Woodland Grange direct on 01926 336 621 and quote ‘Backgammon Open’.
For all players, whether or not you are staying at Woodland Grange, all hot drinks and snacks are included in your tournament registration fee. Vouchers may also be purchased for lunch or dinner.
Now that Woodland Grange is fully booked, we have reserved a small number of rooms for the nights of Friday 30th and Saturday 31st August at Chesford Grange, which is about 7 minutes away from Woodland Grange by car (postcode: CV8 2LD). Details as follows:
Bed and breakfast, single occupancy – £95 per night
Bed and breakfast, double occupancy – £107 per night
Telephone 01926 515136 and quote ‘UK Backgammon Open’
If you have any questions concerning hotel accommodation please email Darren Woodcock: email@example.com
Whether you plan to stay at Woodland Grange, Chesford Grange or elsewhere, or even if you live within commuting distance from the venue, to secure your place in the draw you must also pre-register for the tournament by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating whether you are a Masters or an Intermediate player. See the registration page for more details. In most cases advance payment will not be required but we cannot guarantee your place in the tournament unless you pre-register, irrespective of your accommodation arrangements.