When you are ready to complete your application to join the UKBGF for the first time, please click Apply to Join, select either one-year or three-year membership, and complete the online form including payment details by credit or debit card. If you would like to read more about what the United Kingdom Backgammon Federation does before you join, go to What is the UKBGF? (and other pages under the ‘About’ tab).
If you have been a member in the past, but you know that your membership has lapsed, you should click Apply to Join and first log in with your original username (or email address) and password prior to renewing. If you cannot remember your password, click on ‘Lost your Password’ and a temporary new password will be emailed to you. If you have any difficulty, just email email@example.com for assistance.
If in doubt about whether your membership is still current, first check the ratings where members’ names are in bold (start entering your name in the Filter box). If your name is not in bold and you think that you are a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
|Membership Level||Youth (Under 21)*||Student**||Adult (21 & over)|
* Free youth membership applies to UK residents only.
** Free student membership applies to any UK national in full-time education, or to a student from overseas living in the UK while studying here.
*** £250 for age 65+
If you enjoy playing backgammon please consider joining the UKBGF. The best way to grow the game for the benefit of both new and existing players is by means of subscription income and practical assistance from as many members as possible. With your help we will continue to build a diverse community catering for all backgammon players.
For Youth, Student or Life membership, please do not try to join using the link from this page; instead email email@example.com for more details.
All other prospective members should complete the ‘Apply to Join’ form, including payment details using a credit or debit card. You may select either one year membership for £25, or three years for £60. If you select one year, a recurring payment will be set up for ease of renewal. You may cancel your recurring payment mandate at any time or, if you forget to cancel before it goes through, you may request a refund. Three year membership requires a one-off payment of £60 without a recurring payment mandate.
Once this process is completed, your membership number will be allocated and you will have access to the Members Area of the website using your chosen password. You will also be eligible for all the member benefits listed below.
Players were originally invited to become UKBGF members in April 2015 and among the objectives set by the first elected Board (which can be found here on the blog) was to have a membership of at least 250 by the end of 2016. This number was attained well ahead of schedule and by early 2018 the number of current paid-up members exceeded 400.
Welcome to the club!
Cost: £25 for one year or £60 for three years. Benefits for all members include:
- The right to vote and stand as a candidate in future UKBGF Board (or other) elections
- Access to non-public areas of the UKBGF website including UKBGF Accounts and Papers
- Access to all material on the UKBGF website. As well as tournament blogs and round-ups, this includes analysed matches between top players from the UK and abroad, articles on backgammon theory, instructional videos, and more.
- All matches played in UKBGF affiliated clubs and UKBGF recognised events are included in the UKBGF National Ratings System, freely available to all players. The names of UKBGF members appear in bold in this list.
- Eligibility to play in UKBGF online championships
- Eligibility to receive UKBGF Tour points for every Tour event entered; the top 16 of both Masters and Intermediate Tours in 2019 will receive free entry, including accommodation, to the annual Tour Winners Invitational tournament.
- Eligibility for selection by UK Team Captains (online and live) to represent the UK in international team championships (subject to fulfilling appropriate selection criteria)
- Reduced annual membership fee for EBIF (the European Backgammon Internet Federation)
- A discount of 10% off all tuition services (except videos) listed on the Backgammon Workshop (BGWS) website – see the Tuition section in the ‘Resources’ drop-down menu for more details
- Reduced registration fees, or other member bonuses, at the UKBGF Clubs Championship and at some other tournaments on the UKBGF Tour
- Eligibility to win added prizes including backgammon boards (or board vouchers) and added money (if applicable) at some UKBGF Tour events
- A discount of 20% off the cost of eXtremeGammon analysis software (first activation only). Note that you may download XG for a free trial period of 14 days with all features enabled before deciding whether or not to buy. When you are convinced that you need to keep this essential learning tool permanently you can still get the 20% discount by using an activation code purchased from UKBGF. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for payment instructions.
- An update email is circulated approximately every month to all members (except those who choose to opt out) providing the latest news and information about events and opportunities for players.
UKBGF Founder and Life Members
If you wish to become a Life member of the UKBGF please email email@example.com.
There are four founder members of the UKBGF. This special membership category is no longer available. In addition to all the benefits listed above, founder members received:
- Lifetime membership
- A specially embossed UKBGF Doubling Cube
- A series of free lessons from some of the UK’s best players
UKBGF Member No.1
The unique opportunity to become the very first member of the United Kingdom Backgammon Federation was sold to the highest bidder at the annual Charity Backgammon and Bridge tournament held at the Royal Automobile Club in Pall Mall, London, on Sunday 22nd March 2015. Scope received all the money raised at this event, including all auction proceeds, to fund its essential work helping people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
James Ramsey placed the winning bid of £1700 and is therefore UKBGF Member No.001. The size of the winning bid qualified James for lifetime founder membership of the UKBGF – congratulations James!
Further benefits for all members will be added over time.
When you are ready to complete your application to join the UKBGF please click HERE.