There are various international team events held each year, both online and face-to-face. The UKBGF organises a formal team for those events which accept one team per country, and acts as a coordinator assembling as many teams as practicable for those who take multiple entries. A Captain is appointed every two years to oversee team selection, both before the event and, in the case of the European team Championships where each individual fixture involves selecting players from a squad, on the day. Our current Captain is Tim Cross.
European Team Backgammon Championship
Played in September, one team of 7 per country, 4 play each fixture.
- 3rd European Team Championship, Denmark 2016: selection in progress
- 2nd European Team Championship, Budapest 2015: 15th/15 (Tim Cross, Ray Kershaw, Graham Sievers, Yan Kit Chan, Jim Wong, David Philips, Simon Hill)
- 1st European Tea Championship, Dubrovnik 2014: no UK team
Nations Team Tournament, Monte Carlo
Played in March, multiple teams of 4 per country.
- 1st Nations Team Tournament, 2016: signing up now
Played in April-May, multiple teams of 5 per country.
- World Cup 2016, Tblisi, Georgia: two teams selected
EBIF European Online Team Championship
Played annually on GridGammon starting in the summer, one team of 5 per country. This tournament is triple-elimination, with a round-robin style final should three teams end up as the last standing.